Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Peanut Blossoms

My little Buggy was piled from trunk to backseat with bags and bags of groceries. I was armed with a killer menu of all new foods and fun things to feed my kids and guests for Christmas. Now I have fun with all new recipoes and ideas but my kids look for same old, same old. To that end, I loaded up the passenger seat with a big container of fresh baked cookies made from tried and true recipes. Aah yes! I baked triple the Ginger cookies, Scottish Shortbread, Russian Teacakes, Angel Kisses, and gooey, fresh from the oven Peanut Blossoms.
Just one stop left... the airport! Stephen was flying in for Christmas. You should have seen his face when he opened the cookie container and found the Peanut Blossoms right on top. They are a childhood favorite. I don't know where the recipe came from. It has been in the family since I was a little girl. I hope you enjoy.

Peanut Blossoms
1¾cup flour
1 tsp soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup shortening
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
2-10 ounce bags of Hershey Chocolate Kisses

Sift together flour, soda and salt. Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Add egg, milk and vanilla and beat well. Refrigerate the dough 1 hour. Shape chilled dough into one inch balls and roll in sugar. Bake on ungreased cookies sheet for 8 minutes at 375°. Remove from oven and press unwrapped Hershey's kiss into the center of the cookie.
These are especially delicious when served warm, before the kiss has hardened!

No comments:

Post a Comment